In the middle of the night, a woman woke up without seeing her husband lying next to her, as usual. Going downstairs, she saw the husband sitting with a cup of coffee, quietly wiping his tears away. She asked.
- What's wrong?
The husband remained silent.
- Why are you down here sitting in the middle of the night like this?
He answered with a question:
- Do you remember the day we started dating 20 years ago, the day you turn 16?
- Yes, of course I do.
He asked again:
- So do you remember when your father caught us in love?
- Yes, I remember.
- Do you remember his face when he took out his gun and roared: "You want to take my daughter or go to jail for 20 years?"
- Yes, I still remember!
Again, the husband wiped the tears on his cheeks and said in a sad voice:
- You know, today was supposed to be the day I would be released.
By: Frank Richardson