'Sucker' – The spectacular comeback of Jonas Brothers
After 6 years of focusing on personal development, recently, the 3-member band Jonas Brothers has officially come back in new music video "Sucker". Of course, the reunion of the Jonas Brothers after a long period of absence made their old fans extremely surprised and excited. And they have proved that they truly deserve such expectations.
The special thing in this reunion MV is the glamorous appearance of their partners: Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Sophie Turner and Danielle Jonas. The presence of the "brides" is considered one of the highlights of their comeback this time.
However, the most special thing is that the "Sucker" of the Jonas Brothers has debuted at the top spot on Billboard Hot 100 this week. It is also the band's first No. 1 song. In 2008, the Jonas Brothers had their peak on the chart when "Burnin 'Up" reached No. 5 and after a six-year hiatus, the band has returned and "benefited" more than ever.
This week, "Sucker" is No.1 in both Digital Songs and Streaming Songs Charts, but as for Radio Songs it only debuts as No.46.
In addition, here are a few fun facts about this achievement of Jonas Brothers:
- "Sucker" is the first No. 1 of Jonas Brothers after 12 years appearing on the Billboard Hot 100. The band's first song on the Hot 100 was "Year 3000", which reached No. 40 in 2007.
- "Sucker" is also the first song by Jonas Brothers that appears on the Hot 100 after 6 years since "Pom Poms" in 2013.
- Jonas Brothers is the fifth artist with the word "brothers" in their name to reach No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 in history after The Everly Brothers, The Righteous Brothers, The Doobie Brothers and The Bellamy Brothers. As for family bands or groups, before Jonas Brothers, there were other artists who could do the same thing, like The Jackson 5, The Beach Boys, The Carpenters, Bee Gees, The Osmonds, Heart, The Bangles, New Kids On The Block, Wilson Phillips, Nelson, Hanson, K-Ci & JoJo, 98 Degrees, Rae Sremmurd and Migos.
- Jonas Brothers is the first boy band to reach No. 1 Hot 100 in 16 years. The last time a boy band achieved the same result was in 2003 with "Bump, Bump, Bump" by B2K and P. Diddy.
- Jonas Brothers has surpassed One Direction to become the highest ranked boy band in the decade. Previously, One Direction once reached No. 2 with "Best Song Ever".
- About No. 1 with "suck" in the title? 10 years ago, Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" also reached No. 1 and until now there is only one song with "suck" did the same thing.
- "Sucker" has given Ryan Tedder another No. 1 as a musician and producer. Previously, he co-wrote with Jesse McCartney the song "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis, which reached No. 1 in 2008.
- "Sucker" has brought the total number of No. 1 pop songs in 2019 to 4. Now it's only March and this number is already equal to the total No. 1 pop songs last year.
- "Sucker" is the 34th song in the history to debut at No. 1. It is also the 2nd track in history by a band to debut at No. 1 after "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith.
Billboard Hot 100 this week (March 11, 2019):
1. Sucker - Jonas Brothers (debut)
2. 7 rings - Ariana Grande (=)
3. Please Me - Cardi B & Bruno Mars (+11)
4. Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse) - Post Malone & Swae Lee (=)
5. Without Me - Halsey (-2)
6. Shallow - Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (-5)
7. Wow. - Post Malone (=)
8. Happier - Marshmello & Bastille (-2)
9. Middle Child - J. Cole (-4)
10. SICKO MODE - Travis Scott (=)
11. thank u, next - Ariana Grande (-4)
15. break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande (-2)
20. Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith & Normani (+2)
94. Rule The World - 2 Chainz feat. Ariana Grande (debut)
By: Olivia Mendoza