Hits of Taylor Swift and IU lead the world music trends
Recently, the New York Times published a list of 25 songs leading the world music trends. Each chosen song represents an aspect of popular music, and is probably considered as the representative of a trend.
Topping the list was Cardi B's hit "Bodak Yellow", which dominated the Billboard charts for three consecutive weeks in October 2017. At her very young age, Cardi B has been likened to Kim Kardashian in music when bringing her daily life to her works.
The list of “25 songs that tell us where music is going” features the familiar names such as “Havana” Camilla Cabello, "Chained to the Rhythm" (Katy Perry), "This Is "Why You Can not Have Nice Things" (Taylor Swift) "Claws in Your Back" (Julian Baker), "Change" (Lana Del Rey), "Finesse" (Bruno Mars) Remix version ... with diverse criteria. Notably, only one Asian artist, Korean Nation’s Little Sister, IU, entered the Top 25 with the hit "Palette". The hit came in at # 9 because it represented the optimistic, carefree attitude of the young generation nowadays in the face of unexpected problems namely maturity.
With the honor of being the only Asian artist to be in the same list with Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, .. IU has proved why she is loved by the Korean public and nicknamed "Nation's little sister". There is a Korean saying, "While America has Taylor Swift, Korea has IU", when both are masters in bringing their stories and feelings into music products.
The 25 songs leading the world music trends
1. Bodak Yellow - Cardi B
2. Chained to the Rhythm - Katy Perry
3. Fee Fi - Young Fathers
4. Warm Honey - Willow Smith
5. Dancefloor - Tracey Thorn
6. Anita - Smino
7. Drew Barrymore - SZA
8. Mans Note Hot - Big SHAQ
9. Palette - IU
10. If We Were Vampires - Jason Isbel
11. This is why we do not have nice things - Taylor Swift
12. It's Everyday Bro - Jake Paul
13. Out of My Head - Charli XCX ft Tove Lo, Alma
14. Rich Ass Junkie - Gucci Mane
15. Claws in Your Back - Julien Baker
16. Trippin '- DJ Taye
17. Krippy Kush (Remix) - Farruko, Nicki Minaj, Bad Bunny ft 21 Savege & Rvssian
18. Dum Surfer - King Krule
19. Territory - The Blaze
20. Change - Lana Del Rey
21. Havana - Camila Cabello
22. Bellyache - Billie Eilish
23. Flex Like Ouu - Lil Pump
24. Alan - Perfume Genius
25. Finesse (Remix) - Bruno Mars
By: Christina Baker