'The Greatest Showman' soundtrack topped the Billboard 200 after winning the Golden Globe award
- Angelina Jolie has suffered facial paralysis
- Cara Delevingne and Rihanna co-starr in France’s most expensive blockbuster
- Famous beauties in Luc Besson's blockbusters
- Hela expects more female villains in Marvel blockbusters
- Miranda Kerr - Beautiful angel ‘steals’ billionaires’ heart
- 10 best footballers ever: Who ranks first?
- Captain America strangely unshaven in latest 'Infinity War' poster
- Bruce Lee’s on-screen lover is still by herself at the age of 65
After jumping to the first place of the charts , the soundtrack album of "The Greatest Showman" won the No. 200 on the Billboard chart. This is the first soundtrack album to dominate the Billboard 200 since "Fifty Shades Darker" reached # 1 in March last year. The 20th Century Fox film, about circus entertainer P. T. Barnum, has grossed $150 million (Dh550.8 million) worldwide since its December 20 release.
The soundtrack for circus musical The Greatest Showman climbed its way to the top of the US weekly Billboard 200 album chart on Monday, leaving offerings from Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift as the runner-ups. Sheeran’s Divide album remained at No 2 for a second week with sales of 67,000 units, while his single Perfect featuring Beyonce held steady at No 1 on the Digital Songs chart with another 109,000 copies sold. Swift’s Reputation album, which opened 2018 at the top of the Billboard 200 chart last week, dropped to No 3 with 48,000 units sold.
When it debuted, this soundtrack album only ranked #71 on the Billboard 200. A week later, the album climbed to the top five by the end of 2017. Not only that, the soundtrack of "The Greatest Showman" "This Is Me" won the Golden Globe award for best original song in a motion picture, alongside other categories.
The song "This is me" captured the heart of the audience not only because of Keala Settle's strong singing voice but also the very meaningful lyrics. Even if it is set in the context of the film, the song is a " classic song" about the life and will of the people who dare to express themselves and make their dreams come true.
All of the songs in the musical "The Greatest Showman," including "This Is Me," were written by the most prominent Hollywood composer couple Benj Pasek and Justin Paul who wrote and sang them. The names of the two composers are no stranger to the public as they are also the authors of the songs in the hit movie La La Land.
Top 10 on Billboard 200:
1. The Greatest Showman: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Various Artists: 106.000
2. Divide - Ed Sheeran: 67.000
3. Reputation - Taylor Swift: 48.000
4. The Beautiful & Damned - G-Eazy: 42.000
5. DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar: 41.000
6. Revival - Eminem: 41.000
7. Evole - Imagine Dragons: 41.000
8. Stoney - Post Malone: 39.000
9. Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho - Travis Scott & Quavo: 39.000
10. American Teen - Khalid: 31.000
By: Christina Baker